Holy hot damn it’s a big month for me in February. I’m hitting a Comics Hat Trick by having at least one book at each of the Big Three.
DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS #17
Written by JOE KEATINGE
Art by RICKEN
Cover by RYAN SOOK
On sale FEBRUARY 20 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS fans take note as ARSENAL takes the stage in this special issue!
• Roy Harper is all too familiar with the road to hell being paved with good intentions, so he’s not totally surprised when an attempt to help Killer Croc leaves him running for his life on the streets of Japan.
• Guest-starring Red Hood and Starfire!
Like I mentioned earlier, I’m making my DC Comics debut this month. Pretty darn stoked about this one, in big part because I’m making it with HELL YEAH cover artist RICKEN, who’s in turn making her American interiors debut. And guess what? Her art is just as amazing on the inside of a comic as it is on the outside. Speaking of covers — RYAN SOOK WHAT.
MORBIUS: THE LIVING VAMPIRE #2
JOE KEATINGE (W) • RICHARD ELSON (P)
Cover by MIKE DEODATO
Variant Cover by MARCOS MARTIN
• The ALL-NEW Michael Morbius?
• Morbius, is back, but on the run and desperate to quell his vampiric tendencies. But has the midnight son really changed?
• As Morbius tries to stay under the radar, a new threat arises, and they want Morbius dead.
• The series fans have been asking for continues its thrilling debut!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
Morbius NOW! More horrible decisions turn into horrible consequences as Morbius’ latest attempt to do right goes as wrong as it possibly can.
Marvel Universe AVENGERS: EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES #11
JOE KEATINGE & FRANK TIERI (W)
KHOI PHAM & TIM LEVINS (A)
Cover by KHOI PHAM
• You won’t need to wait for Sunday Morning – grab the Avengers Adventures today!
• First, Captain America must fight the deadly Nightmare in the one place he can’t have a fair fight – his own dreams!
• Then, it’s a battle of Mythic Proportions as The Mighty Thor takes on Hercules, the Prince of Power!
32 PGS./All Ages …$2.99
And finally, a one-shot story from me featuring a character I’ve wanted to write for twenty years, teaming up with Captain America! Watch out!
As of today I’m a Contributing Writer to Comic Box, France’s leading magazine about the American mainstream comic scene. So, basically publishers like Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, IDW, etc. That said, they do still cover the indies, even if the concentration is on the big boys.
The latest issue looks like this:
Comic Box always reminded me of the Empire magazine of comics, albeit in French, with articles going beyond hype or copied press releases and interviews which delve into more than just the latest project.
They’re having me concentrate on interviews, which is something I always wanted to pursue in my Neon Monster beat. This is definitely a great fit for me.
In fact, my first assignment is with someone I consider to be a comics god, so we’re off to a good start.
For those of you who can read French, my first contributions will be in April’s #70, but my full role will debut in June’s #71. For those of you who can’t, well, feel free to pick up the issues and be like, “wow, some dude wrote this in English and now it’s not in English anymore.”
Freaking sweet, huh?